Half-day session (1.30pm – 4.30pm)
- To explore why people self-harm and who self-harms
- To dispel some of the myths
- To look at why language is so important
- To learn how to support someone who self-harms the “do’s and don’ts”,
At the end of this training course you will be able to:
- Know the purpose of self-harm and why it starts
- Understand how to have the conversation around self-harm
- Understand how self-harm and suicide connect
- Be aware of the common myths around self-harm
- Know how to break down the stigma and discrimination around self-harm
The course delivery includes some small and whole group activities, group discussion and presentation, in a safe environment.
Our instructors are trained to support delegates throughout the session, as and when necessary, due to the subject matter.
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.