Half-day session (1.30pm – 4.30pm)
- To be aware of the current situation regarding suicide.
- To look at the process of Suicidal Ideation, how it works and when risk increases.
- To raise skills and confidence in workers with cases where there is risk or maybe risk developing.
- To be aware of and practice ideas for self care.
By the end of this training course you will be able to:
- Know if Suicidal Ideation is common.
- Know who is at greater risk.
- Know the most common myths and facts.
- Know how to talk to someone who has stated that they are suicidal and what to do next.
- Recognise the need for boundaries.
- Recognise the importance of self care.
The course delivery includes some small and whole group activities, group discussion and presentation, in a safe environment.
Our instructors are trained to support delegates throughout the session as and when necessary due to the subject matter.
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.