Half-day session (1.30pm – 4.30pm)
- To inform staff working with clients, who may be affected by the introduction of Universal Credit, about the ways in which these changes may impact on them.
- To improve awareness of the potential risks for some clients moving onto Universal Credit.
- To increase knowledge and confidence among front line workers about how to support their clients during the introduction of Universal Credit and beyond.
By the end of this training course you will be able to:
- Understand the background to Universal Credit and why it has been introduced.
- Understand the Gateway Conditions and the Full Service.
- Understand the work-related conditions and the work capability assessment within Universal Credit.
- Understand how Universal Credit is calculated.
- Understand the main problems that clients will face trying to cope with the changes.
- Understand how Universal Credit sits within the wider benefit system.
The course delivery includes some small and whole group activities, group discussion and presentation, in a safe environment.
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.