Half-day session (1.30pm – 4.30pm)
- To understand the impact of stigma and discrimination
- To identify mental health concerns
- To understand peoples’ experiences of common mental health problems
- To understand how to communicate in the appropriate manner
- Learn how to promote self-help strategies for mental health improvement
- Learn which associated health services are most appropriate
By the end of the training course you will be able to:
- Know the impact of stigma and discrimination in our communities and how to break it down
- Identify mental health concerns
- Understand peoples’ experiences of common mental health problems
- Know/have confirmed what to say and what not to say
- Encourage individuals to undertake self-help strategies to improve their own mental health
- Signpost to the available and appropriate services as and when necessary
The course delivery includes some small and whole group activities, group discussion and presentation, in a safe environment.
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.