Half-day session (9.30am – 12.30am)
- To identify depression as it develops and when it co-exists with other mental and physical health conditions.
- To explore the losses experienced by the older generation and the potential for isolation.
- To look at the assumptions held in our society regarding older people.
- To examine various ways of working with the older person who is depressed.
At the end of this training course you will be more aware of:
- When depression is present alongside other health conditions
- When depression is developing
- The impact of isolation
- Working within the felt experience of a person.
- Recognise the importance of relating to and spending time.
The course delivery includes some small and whole group activities, group discussion and presentation, in a safe environment.
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.