Two-day course (9.30am to 4.30pm both days)
- To explore a range of communication and counselling skills.
- To identify and practice those skills in a competent manner.
- To raise awareness of the role and influence of attitudes, presuppositions,
- expectations of both parties in the process.
- To take a structured and reflective approach to the use of counselling skills.
- To recognise that all intervention strategies are only successful in a strong therapeutic relationship.
- To recognise the importance of self-care, managerial and clinical supervision
- and mutual / peer support.
At the end of this training course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate practice and competence in a range of counselling skills.
- Identify and use relevant skills in a structured and reflective manner
- Be aware of the impact of a range of pre-suppositions
- Recognise the need for specific support resources.
The course delivery includes some small and whole group activities, group discussion and presentation, in a safe environment.
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.